Rabbit Vet and Pocket Pet Care in Edgewater Chicago, IL
Each one needs regular veterinary care just like cats and dogs, in order to maintain their quality of life. Our veterinarians are trained to recognize the subtleties of rabbit care and pocket pet care and to treat them with gentleness and compassion. Bring your smallest furry friend to your local pocket pet & rabbit vet for a comprehensive wellness assessment. Call us at (773) 262-5445 today!
Your pocket pet or rabbit needs individualized care suited to their needs, and we’re here to give them just that. Small mammals are particularly gifted at hiding any illness or injury. Typically, as creatures of prey in the wild, they would not want to appear more vulnerable than they already are! We perform a full assessment of your pet’s health in order to catch any sign of malady. A physical exam gets us heading in the right direction, and we’ll perform other medical services as needed. For more in-depth pocket pet care, we can perform diagnostics, as well.
Additionally, we go over the following with you:
- Nutrition and feeding needs
- At-home habitat conditions
- Cleaning and grooming
- Handling and socialization
- Optional spay and neuter for rabbit care
- Vaccinations, if needed
Common Medical Concerns
Rabbit care and pocket pet care are more than one-dimensional. They not only need the basics of food, water, and shelter, but a bit of extra care as well. At your appointment, we’ll address the most common medical concerns for your pet and how you can prevent them:
- Vitamin deficiencies. Vitamin C is a big one, but can be solved with a simple diet change of more foods high in C.
- Dental issues. Some rodent species, particularly rabbits, have continuously growing teeth. A diet rich in fiber helps wear the teeth down.
- Tumors. Rats especially can develop tumors in their breast tissue. Yet, while most are benign, they cause great discomfort for your little friend.