The Broadway Animal Hospital Area
Broadway Animal Hospital is located on one of the main commercial streets running North and South through Edgewater. It is just blocks away from several beaches including one of Chicago’s most well-known beach, North Shore.
Enjoy the city life with unlimited entertainment, year-round festivals, award winning restaurants, multi-cultural cuisine and the beautiful views of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. This community is also an antique and vintage shopper’s haven!
Edgewater is only a quick 30 minutes to O’Hare International Airport and close to Wrigley Field. Enjoy all of Chicago’s abundant offerings of diverse dining, shopping, museums, and sporting events.
There are also multiple dog parks throughout the area including a couple of dog beaches. Loyola University of Chicago’s beautiful campus borders northeastern Edgewater.
Join our Veterinary Team
If you’re interested in joining the Broadway Animal Hospital team, contact us today!
We have years of experience providing high-level veterinary care and continue to embrace progressive medicine and support our doctors’ niche passions. When we move to our new facility in Sept/Oct 2021, we will be excited to add all new equipment (including ultrasound), a brand new surgery suite, and 8 exam rooms!
We welcome veterinarians at all levels of experience, and will happily mentor new graduates. We are open to doctors looking for full or part-time opportunities.
About the area: Located in the Chicago neighborhood of Edgewater, we are minutes from the Metra and bus lines. Situated north of the Chicago Loop on the shores of Lake Michigan, this community is an antique and vintage shopper’s haven! It is a quick 30 minutes to O’Hare International Airport and close to Wrigley Field! Enjoy all of Chicago’s abundant offerings of diverse dining, shopping, museums, and sporting events.
One of the ways we strive to improve the lives of veterinarians is by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Customized mentorship plans
- Generous vacation time
- Flexible Schedule
- Career path opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) plus company match
- CE allowance
- License Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance available
- AVMA dues and liability coverage
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
The Associate Veterinarian will need an educational background of at least:
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
The Veterinary Technician assists the doctors to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients, and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work at Broadway Animal Hospital. The Veterinary Technician assists in multiple procedures providing care for animals including physical examinations, dental procedures, surgeries, immunizations, euthanasia as well as client education, marketing and inventory maintenance. This position requires a working knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs, common diseases; their symptoms, means of transmission, treatment and prevention, and other basic preventative health care recommendations. This is an overview of the position and the job responsibilities listed do not encompass the entire position. The veterinary technician is under the direct guidance and supervision of the Lead Veterinary Technician and the veterinarians.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Obtain and record patient histories.
- Collect specimens and perform routine laboratory procedures and test in hematology, chemistry, microbiology, urinalysis and serology to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems.
- Calculate dosages, dispense and administer medications, vaccines, serums and treatments as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Administer fluids as prescribed by the veterinarians.
- Administer, monitor and recover anesthesia under the direction a veterinarian. Prioritize the safety of patients under anesthesia and in recovery over all else.
- Provide specialized nursing care for injured or ill animals.
- Prepare patients, medications, instruments and equipment for surgery.
- Assure that monitoring and support equipment such as anesthetic machines, cardiac monitors and breathing apparatus are in good working condition.
- Assist in diagnostic, medical and surgical procedures using a range of high-tech diagnostic equipment including: .
- Take and process radiographs.
- Communicate with and educate owners.
- Maintain knowledge of preventive healthcare recommendations in order to answer client questions, provide education on vaccines, flea & tick and heartworm products, and assist in marketing veterinary services from which their pet would benefit, such as dental cleaning, senior wellness, spay and neuter, boarding and grooming.
- Educate clients on products and medications sold including dietary products and answer questions regarding product purchase/use.
- Maintain inventory of pharmaceuticals, equipment and supplies.
- Clean, maintain and sterilize instruments, equipment, and materials.
- Knowledgeable regarding related federal and state animal health laws and regulations including OSHA and DEA. Ensure that the hospital and its employees are in compliance with regulations. Inform the hospital manager of any regulatory issues.
- Work well with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors and the practice philosophy.
Perform duties as assigned.
Controls Over Work
The Veterinary Technician works under the direct supervision of the assigned doctor or Lead Veterinary Technician who will indicate general assignments, limitations and priorities. Recurring assignments are performed independently. Deviations or unfamiliar situations are referred to the supervisor. Completed work is reviewed for technical accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating and scheduling patients and requesting laboratory tests.
- Knowledge of the use care and storage of veterinary instruments materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques to sterilize various instruments and materials.
- Knowledge of the instruments materials and standardized procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make preparations to provide “tableside” assistance.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, an grammar.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Critical thinking- Understanding logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems as well as knowing when to differ or consult with a senior technician or doctor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job.
- Frequently required to bend, stand, stoop, walk, sit, talk, and listen, frequently working in a bent position.
- Frequently use hand to manipulate, handle or feel; will reach with hands and arms.
- Use strength or agility in capturing and restraining stronger, more active animals.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally handle dogs weighing up to and over 150 lbs. Assistance will be provided by animal handlers when working with larger animals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hazards associated with aggressive patients; infected animals and controlled substances; exposure to unpleasant odors and noises; exposure to bites, scratches and animal wastes; possible exposure to contagious zoonotic diseases.
Follow federal and state animal health laws and regulations including OSHA and DEA.
- Receive, handle and treat patients with skill, compassion and care including: monitoring during anesthesia, administering fluids, assisting in diagnosing, surgery and general and specialized nursing care.
- Ability to access work load and work accurately and efficiently to ensure the hospital flows smoothly throughout the day.
- Accurately perform laboratory tests.
- Accurately dispense and administer medications and vaccines.
- Input data into computer software system.
- Ability to observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
- Ability to assess and treat a patient according to demeanor and temperament.
- Regular attendance and timeliness are an essential function in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Strong communication and client service skills. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required. Ability to work with clients and patients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Work will with all team members and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors and the practice philosophy.
- Perform general physical activities that require bending, standing, stooping, moving from room to room, sit, talk, and listen; may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time; will use hand to manipulate, handle, or feel; will reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift, carry and handle dogs weighing 50 lbs.
- Occasionally handle dogs weighing up to and over 150 lbs. Assistance will be provided by animal handlers when working with larger animals.
Client Service Representative
At Broadway Animal Hospital, we count on our customer service department to interact professionally with our valued customers when they have questions or concerns. We’re looking for a highly skilled customer service representative to join our team, managing inbound and outbound phone calls, email requests, and face-to-face interaction with a friendly, helpful approach. The ideal candidate is a quick learner who can think on their feet and resolve any issues that come up with our customer-first business mentality. He or she is also experienced with sales, as the opportunity to promote company products and services may arise. The most successful representatives have the communication and interpersonal skills needed to provide support, answer questions, and resolve issues in an efficient manner. Serving as the voice and face of our company, he or she will be integral to reinforcing our reputation for exceptional customer service.
Objectives of This Role:
- Manage a large volume of inbound and outbound calls, emails, and chats with knowledge and efficiency
- Identify and address customer needs with a goal of complete satisfaction
- Provide expert answers to questions about products, pricing, and availability, while presenting the value of our portfolio of products to customers
- Meet customer service department sales targets, generating sales leads when opportunities arise
- Follow company communications guidelines and procedures under minimal supervision
- Recommend improvements to processes for improved company efficiency
Daily and Weekly Responsibilities
- Build expert and dynamic knowledge of company products and services
- Research information using available resources to satisfy customer inquiries
- Build rapport with customers by engaging with them in an inviting, friendly, and professional manner, to deliver exceptional experiences nurture lasting relationships
- Respond quickly, professionally, and accurately to all customer inquiries regarding quotes, orders, status requests, complaints, product returns, and warranties
- Meet daily personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets by recommending and explaining benefits of additional company services, and seizing opportunities to sell products and services whenever possible
- Maintain daily recordings, and log and document issues and resolutions in an electronic database for sales and executive management teams to review
Skills and Qualifications
- High school degree
- Successful experience in a corporate environment•Strong communication skills, including active listening and clear articulation
- Ability to solve problems and alleviate conflicts or escalate tactfully
- Ability to multitask, manage time, and prioritize
- Able to work individually and as a team
- College degree
- Sales experience
- Proven experience in a call center environment
- Track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas (if sales are involved)