Cat & Dog Imaging & Diagnostics in Edgewater Chicago, IL
Diagnosing your pet’s symptoms may seem simple, but a surface problem may actually be only a small part of a deeper problem. Utilizing cat & dog imaging and diagnostics helps us catch issues early, giving your pet a better chance at a fast, full recovery.
Advanced Imaging Diagnostics
When we need to see the internal workings of your pet, we have diagnostic technology that helps us do just that. We have cat & dog x-rays, ultrasound, and an Echocardiogram (EKG) scanner all in-house, as well as a board-certified radiologist we work with for specialist reviews.
Each of these tools helps in determining different issues with your pet
- X-Rays show us issues with the skeletal structure, as well as any foreign bodies within the abdominal cavity.
- Ultrasounds lets us see your pet’s internal organs at work. Since it is a moving, live image, we can see just how each organ, joint, or muscle is functioning as is.
- EKGs are essential for determining cardiology issues such as heart disease, irregular heartbeat, and more.
Full Laboratory Capabilities
Diagnostic equipment comes in many shapes and sizes. Our full IDEXX lab does it all. While we do often send out some tests, for speedier results we can do just about anything right here in house. Here’s what our lab is capable of:
- CBC (complete blood count)
- Chemical panel
- Fecal testing
- Cytology (examining skin cells for abnormalities)
- Heartworm testing
- … and more!
Typically, we do general diagnostic tests at your annual wellness exam to screen for abnormalities, parasites, and disease. Staying ahead of the curve with your pet’s health ensures they live longer, healthier lives with you.